All About My Dog offers classes designed to teach you about canine language and appropriate play so that you can see what is okay and what’s not – and how to fix it! Socialization is one of the most important things you can do for your dog so that he can learn his doggie manners and make friends with other dogs of all shapes and sizes.
Get Ready For Doggie Playgroups!
Our NEW SAFETY PROTOCOL must be followed for all classes:
- Face masks are required for all staff and students.
- 6 feet of physical distancing is required at all times — inside the facility and outside in the parking lot and on the pea stones. A max of two dogs may use the outside pea stone area at the same time.
- Before class: Wait by the side entrance observing social distance until invited into class by your instructor. Knock on the side entrance door if you arrive late.
- Leave all your belongings in your car. No bags or personal items of any kind are allowed inside the facility. Pockets only. We offer cookie pouches for sale.
- Bring to class: A 6-foot leash and yummy dog treats only. No long leashes, no long toys.
- Entering class: At the start of class, your instructor will invite each dog/handler team into the facility one at a time.
- On entering the facility, trainers will direct students to a designated training space. Please proceed to the farthest open training space. Designated spaces satisfy social distancing requirements.
- Class sizes are now reduced to allow for proper social distancing and to adhere to new building codes. Only ONE handler/family member per dog will be admitted.
- Class runs for 45 minutes to ensure a thorough cleaning of common surfaces between classes.
- No students are allowed in the facility during 15-minute cleaning intervals.
- No dog-to-dog meets and greets are allowed before, during, or after class, inside the facility or outside. Unfortunately, no playtime.
- Exiting class: At the end of class, your instructor will invite each dog/handler to exit the facility one at a time.
- Required: Provide up-to-date medical records, including a negative fecal report stating “no parasites seen,” prior to your first class. (There are no refunds or make-ups for classes forfeited due to missing fecal records.) See our medical guidelines for more info.
We separate these classes into the following categories:
- Puppies under 6 months
- Dogs of all ages
- *Light & Bouncy dogs
- *Big & Bold dogs
*If this is your first playgroup, email us before signing up to make sure your dog is eligible!
Our playgroups are as educational as they are fun – for your dog AND for you! This class involves hands-on guidance with a behavioral expert, so while your pup learns important social skills (like how to greet new friends and play appropriately), you’ll be learning how to read canine body language and how to communicate with your dog in a way that he can easily understand. We’ll teach you how to tell when something is okay, when it’s not, and how to fix it!
Socialization is extremely important for your dog. “Socializing” means taking the opportunity to give your pup exposure to different types of dogs, different personalities of dogs, and also lots of different kinds of people so that they grow up to be an experienced, confident and calm dog who can get along with anyone. Socialization is especially critical during the first year of life, though if your dog is older, never fear: these classes are designed to teach any dog of any age how to be a good team player!
NOTE: Playgroups are for current AAMD students and alumni who have taken Puppy 1-3, Good Dog 101-103, College Prep, or Masters classes.
BIG & BOLD and LIGHT & BOUNCY dogs: If this is your first playgroup, please email us before signing up to make sure your dog is eligible!
No matter what, we guarantee that you’ll go home with a happily pooped pooch!
Note: This class is great on its own or as a complement to our regular training classes. Students are welcome to take this class as many times as they like: we will always be filtering in new dogs and adding new toys and tiny training challenges so you that both of you can always keep improving your skills and have a lot of fun!
1 playgroup: $30
- Playgroups are 45 minutes and meet only once.
- Sorry, no make-ups available.
- For current AAMD students and alumni, or by invitation only. (You must have taken either Puppy 1-3, Good Dog 101-103, College Prep, or Masters classes.)
- Non-students may be eligible after taking a free Class Placement Evaluation.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. If you have an aggressive dog please look at our behavior classes for fearful, reactive and aggressive dogs.
Up-to-date medical records, including a negative fecal report stating “no parasites seen,” must be on file at AAMD prior to your first visit. (There are no refunds or make-ups for classes forfeited due to missing fecal records.) See our medical guidelines for more info.
- Read our short Get Ready For Doggie Playgroups guide.