One-On-One Private Training
Here at All About My Dog, we are dedicated to personalized service and custom training. Fifty minutes of one-on-one time with one of our elite trainers will start your training right away and help you to accelerate your current training goals.
Our most common feedback within the first five minutes is: “No one ever showed me that before – and I’ve been to a lot of trainers!” Seeing immediate results from our natural method is always very satisfying – and often addictive! Many of our private lesson clients return for additional training so they can practice the skills they’ve learned, keep improving, and learn even more. The sky is the limit!
As part of our commitment to helping dogs and their families, we are thrilled to offer private one-on-one training to achieve specific goals like assisting an individual with a disability, preparing for competition, or mastering specific outdoor activites. Typically, goal-oriented training requires a series of one-on-one sessions with one of our elite trainers.
Private Training Options
We offer two types of one-on-one private training sessions: House Calls usually take place at your house, but any off-site location where training is needed can be requested. Virtual Private Lessons are held via video-conference wherever you have a computer or smart device. Learn more about each below.
We now offer online Virtual Private Lesson scheduling!
We can help you with…
- Excessive barking whining, crying
- Separation anxiety
- House training, potty training& housebreaking
- Crate training
- Poop eating (“coprophagia”)
- Biting, nipping & mouthing
- Inappropriate chewing
- Destroying items
- Obsessions (toys, places, people, etc.)
- Excessive licking (obsessive compulsive behaviors)
- Rough or inappropriate play (with dogs or with people)
- Jumping on people, countertops, furniture, etc.
- Territorial behavior
- Dog aggression or a fear of dogs
- Human aggression or a fear of people
- Food aggression or food bowl protection
- Hoarding and resource guarding (toys, food, people, furniture, chews, etc.)
- Reactivity to dogs, people, etc.
- Fence running
- Fearfulness, shyness or anxiety
- Humping and mounting
- Chasing (squirrels, cars, runners, bicycles, etc.)
- Submissive or excited peeing (“urination”)
- Not coming when called (recall)
- Leash pulling, leash manners and loose leash walking
- Handling by owners, the vet, the groomer, etc.
- Nail clipping
- Teeth brushing
- Travel problems
- Car sickness, motion sickness
- Interspecies relationships
- Adolescent behaviors
- Surface sensitivity or avoidance
Get Ready for Your Private Training Lesson
- Keep your dog leashed and close by your side
- Use a 6’ leash (no retractable leashes)
- Have healthy soft treats available
- Be prepared to discuss issues you’d like to address
- Allow access to areas of your house where these issues occur
- Virtual Private Lessons are conducted using Apple’s FaceTime
- Your trainer will call the cell phone number listed on your account at the scheduled time
- Have your dog with you and be ready to accept her call
- Contact your trainer prior to the scheduled lesson if you don’t have FaceTime or would like to conduct the lesson using a different phone number
Up-to-date medical records, including a negative fecal report dated within one year that states “no parasites seen,” must be submitted to us at least 72 hours prior to your first appointment. (There are no refunds or make-ups for appointments forfeited due to missing or late fecal records.) See our Medical Requirements page to upload records and learn more.
House Calls & On-location Services
House Calls are a great way to address behavioral problems specific to the home setting:
- Welcome Home, Puppy!
You’ll learn the importance of setting up a home base and establishing consistent schedules for housebreaking and feeding. Our Puppy Supply Kit will ensure that the toys, chews, and bedding are appropriate for your breed. And, of course, you’ll get a head start on the basic commands and tricks, such as walking on a leash and come when called, that will help shape your new puppy into a well-balanced and loving dog.
- Jumping and Misbehaving
Let us help you correct unwanted behaviors! No more jumping on you, your guests, and your furniture without invitation. You’ll also learn how to correct begging, food stealing, and destructive chewing.
Learn to control aggression towards family members, pets, visitors, neighbors, kids, bicycles, cars, animals—whatever your dog’s target is. We’ll also address other forms of aggression such as territorial guarding and barking, as well as why your dog is reacting like this.
- Fear and Anxiety
Teach your dog confidence and security so they feel safe instead of scared. Solve separation anxiety by understanding why it’s happening, and providing the security skills they need to overcome it.
- Unique Challenges
We’ll discuss your specific behavioral challenges along with what you want to accomplish and then provide you with on-the-spot solutions!
On-location Services are available to help you and your dog with behavioral problems away from the home. We’ll join you on visits to the vet, groomer, dog park, lake, pool, or sporting event. We’ll even accompany you on a drive to address car anxiety and motion sickness.
If you are having a problem that is not listed above, let us know and we’ll make a custom lesson plan for you to help solve it.
Schedule a House Call
If you are interested in working with one of our expert trainers you can contact us using our easy-to-use online form to request a time and day. (Select “Request a House Call” from the subject line pulldown menu.)
You can also e-mail your desired instructor directly:
Areas of Service
We provide house call and on-location services in and around the city of Fort Collins, Colorado.
Note: We are willing to travel outside of this area on a case-by-case basis. Please be aware that extra fees may apply even within this travel range to cover travel costs.
Virtual Private Lessons
If you live too far away for a house call, our new Virtual Training is the perfect solution! Our one-on-one video-conference training sessions have been a huge success and have allowed us to help dogs as far away as Florida, California, Puerto Rico, and even Paris!
During a Virtual Private Lesson, you’ll receive the same goal-oriented training as our in-person lessons. In the first few minutes, your trainer will discuss your goals for the session and assess your dog’s behavior. Then you’ll receive virtual “hands-on” guidance to address your dog’s issues. With the help of a smart device, your trainer can see location-specific behaviors like front door aggression, food bowl protection, furniture climbing, etc., and provide you with on-the-spot solutions.
Virtual Private Lessons are conducted using Apple’s FaceTime. Lisa will call the cell phone number listed on your account at the scheduled time. Please have your dog with you and be ready to accept her call. (You can log into your account to verify or change your cell number.) If you don’t have FaceTime or would like Lisa to contact you at a different number, email her directly prior to the scheduled lesson.
The training is virtual, but the results are very real.
“After just one Skype session with Lisa we saw immediate results and finally feel like we have the proper tools and understanding to help our pup feel safe and peaceful.”
~ Maura & Willa, West Somerville, MA