COVID-19 Clean Practices and Protocols
The safety of our students is our number one priority. We have established the following protocols to comply with the mandatory safety standards for reopening, as required by the state of Massachusetts. For more information on COVID-19 and pets, see Banfield Pet Hospital’s PDF on Coronavirus and Pets.
Return to Class Protocol
- Face masks are required for all staff and students.
- 6 feet of physical distancing is required at all times — inside the facility and outside in the parking lot and on the pea stones. A max of two dogs may use the outside pea stone area at the same time.
- Before class: Wait by the side entrance observing social distance until invited into class by your instructor. Knock on the side entrance door if you arrive late.
- Leave all your belongings in your car. No bags or personal items of any kind are allowed inside the facility. Pockets only. We offer cookie pouches for sale.
- Bring to class: A 6-foot leash and yummy dog treats only. No long leashes, no long toys.
- Entering class: At the start of class, your instructor will invite each dog/handler team into the facility one at a time.
- On entering the facility, trainers will direct students to a designated training space. Please proceed to the farthest open training space. Designated spaces satisfy social distancing requirements.
- Class sizes are now reduced to allow for proper social distancing and to adhere to new building codes. Only ONE handler/family member per dog will be admitted.
- Class runs for 45 minutes to ensure a thorough cleaning of common surfaces between classes.
- No students are allowed in the facility during 15-minute cleaning intervals.
- No dog-to-dog meets and greets are allowed before, during, or after class, inside the facility or outside. Unfortunately, no playtime.
- Exiting class: At the end of class, your instructor will invite each dog/handler to exit the facility one at a time.
- The Dog Center is equipped with a new HVAC system that exchanges the air in our training area 10 times per hour. (By comparison, restaurants are required to exchange the air 6 to 8 times per hour.)
- Our staff and students are wearing face coverings and we’ve put social distancing measures in place to ensure staff and students remain at least six feet apart, inside and outside our facility.
- We’ve posted signage for safe social distancing.
- We provide hand washing capabilities and encourage frequent hand washing by staff and provide adequate supplies to do so.
- Sanitizing stations are located throughout the facility for hand cleaning.
- Our staff has received training regarding social distancing and hygiene protocols.
- We ensure staff who are displaying symptoms, or have been in contact with COVID-19, do not report to work. Also, we have a plan for cleaning and disinfecting the work area, and for recovered staff to return to work.
- We frequently disinfect all common touch areas, with regular deep cleanings of main training floor, front desk, equipment, retail supplies, and seating areas.
- Fewer students are allowed on site to create more space and reduce congestion in common areas.
- We’ll ask you to stay home if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or any persons who have tested positive, or any individuals traveling outside the country in the last two weeks, or if you are experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms.
- Purchases should be made at least 24 hours in advance of class by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchases will be available for pickup curbside before class.
- No reusable bags allowed in the facility.
- Touchless ordering is available on-site by appointment.
- Payment is no-contact, please make sure your credit is on file in our system.
- Day of purchase sales are available at the start of class only. Notify your instructor at the start of class.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.